Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fudge, Star Wars and Other Randomness

My pistachio fudge turned out pretty good! I actually think it's more of a nougat texture, but it's tasty!

I used this recipe, but I let it cook a little longer than it said because I felt like the mixture needed a little longer to smooth out and become less gritty. If I make it again I would use a larger pan so the fudge would come out a little thinner. It's very sweet, so I think it would be better if it was more spread out. A better pistachio to fudge ratio. 


I cut some seriously consistently sized pieces too. Ha!

We'll see what other people think on Christmas.

The Sound of Music was on tv the other night as a sing along - it was basically movie karaoke. Pretty funny.


Tom and I went and saw the new Star Wars on Monday.


And again on Tuesday.


Tom is a big Star Wars fan, so the fact that he wanted to see it again is a big endorsement for the movie. I really liked it too! Have you seen it yet?

I can't remember the last time gas was this cheap!


I got this body butter as part of an Influenster campaign, and I ended up really liking it. I'm officially out!


I'm still looking for my motivation. It's been really hard to get out the door for a run this week. I made it out on Tuesday for 6 miles around the neighborhood, and I wasn't ridiculously slow, which was nice. My made up training plan has gone out the window this month. I'll be back to an actual training plan in January, so my goal right now is to do what I can so I don't feel like I'm starting over when that time comes.

And since no post is complete without a Buddy picture:


4 comments:

  1. We haven't seen star wars yet, but hopefully this weekend. Did you like it as much the second time? I always seem to notice things I missed the first time when I watch movies again.

    I've never heard of pistachio fudge but that is intriguing! Buddy looks cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Star Wars both times, and definitely noticed new things the second time around. It's really well done!

      Delete
  2. We want to go see Star Wars again! but haven't made the time yet. The fudge looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still really good the second time, plus it's fun to spot things that you miss the first time around!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...