Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving, Playing Chicken and Shopping

How was your Thanksgiving?

We had a pretty laid back holiday, which was really nice. Tom was up dark and early to do a little sitting in the woods hunting with our neighbor. Buddy and I had a relaxing morning and I finally got myself out the door around 10 to go for a run.


My watch is back and fully functional!


TomTom customer service was wonderful and the only thing I had to pay for was shipping the busted watch back to them. I ran an easy 8 with my audiobook, took a short break at home and then went back out for another 2 with Tom and Buddy. Ten Thanksgiving miles before the big meal.

The house was too hot when we got home, so we spent a little cool off time in the yard. Sometimes when Buddy is running around the yard he plays chicken. He runs straight at you and then veers off to one side or the other at the last second and just keeps on running. Only yesterday, instead of holding still, I tried to move out of the way and took his giant head right to the side of my knee. I ended up on my butt, facing the opposite direction I had been standing. Tom did a really good job of making sure I wasn't actually hurt before he started laughing. There's definitely a bruise, but I'll survive.

We went to Tom's friend's house for dinner and had a nice time visiting with everyone and eating way too much food - as is traditional.

I spent most of today thinking that it was Saturday, and doing dishes. I have no idea how two people create so many dishes. We're just talented like that. Plus I checked out a few online black Friday deals and did a little Christmas shopping from the comfort of my couch. I don't do black Friday. People are crazy.

Did you brave the crowds and go shopping today?

What was the best part of your Thanksgiving? 

10 comments:

  1. No crowds for me...I had to work today. It was really busy tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to go early and get trampled but I did go to the mall late afternoon and got some great deals. Also finally ordered our holiday cards. Best part of the weekend? Everyone behaved at Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone behaved? Sounds like a Thanksgiving miracle with that many people! ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the Black Friday thing! NOT into the crowds and the pushing and the shoving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything I want badly enough to deal with that madness.

      Delete
  4. I've been out ONCE in my life for Black Friday. Never again. No real deals except on POS stuff I don't want or need. I don't know what I imagined--that the whole world was on sale for 80% off or something I guess--but I was sadly disappointed. Never again (did I already say that?). Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what all the ads make it seem like - great deals on everything! :)

      Delete
  5. I love your fireplace! Cozy! Sorry Buddy crashed into you. Ouch!! We make a lot of dishes, too. And laundry. And dirt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fireplace is great! It does an amazing job heating the house.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...