Sunday, November 1, 2015

2 Years of Buddy

Did you remember to change your clocks this morning? Most of ours reset themselves these days, so it always throws me off to have to remember the ones that don't.

I had a kind of miserable run today. Physically, I felt decent, though I still have a bit of a cold and I can tell it's affecting my breathing. Mentally, I was a mess. I don't know what my problem was, but I took several breaks and got really frustrated with myself.

I did have one killer mile where I basically told myself to suck it up (and there may have been some internal cursing) and really pushed myself. I ran it in 8:21, and then took my sweet time on the last mile back to the house.

My killer mile didn't help my mood much. I'm not sure if it's some kind of delayed post-marathon blues or what.

I chugged some watermelon Nuun (the best flavor) and watched part of the NYC marathon when I got home. Congratulations to everyone who ran today! I know Sally rocked it!


I made myself a "training" calendar for November. I'm not training for anything, but my default is laziness, so it helps me to have things planned out. If the calendar doesn't work, well, then I'll probably find a race to sign up for.

Facebook informed me that it was 2 years ago today that we brought this goofball home:


We bought him this enormous bone at the store today. He's a big fan.


Did anyone else race today?

Have you ever had post-marathon blues? How did you get out of your funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...