Sunday, November 15, 2015

Weekend Update

I'm not sure where the weekend went. Pretty sure it was just Friday!

Buddy looks really small in this picture. He's been having a great time running a few days a week, and had a pretty speedy two miles on Friday. 


Tom bought a tractor.


He's been pulling bushes out and moving heavy things like wood and our new wood stove.

It was a bit of an adventure getting this beast into the house, but it does an amazing job warming the place up. Don't worry, we moved all the flammable things out of the way.


On Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to drive down to see my old running group. It's about a 45 minute drive, but the roads are pretty clear at 7am on a Saturday.

I'm so glad I made the trip, running with people is so much fun! It helps me run faster, and the miles just fly by. Not to mention the amazing trails we run on. There's really nothing like the trails at The Rockefeller Preserve.

I'm going to make an effort to get down there at least every few weekends.

When I got home I lounged around and drank coffee for a while. It felt like a lazy morning even though I drove a ways and ran 7 miles.


Today I actually ran some intervals with my new gadget. Let's be honest, there's no way I'm running intervals by myself out on the roads. I used to run them on my treadmill, but it's buried in the garage right now.

Having the Moov tell me my pace and when to start and stop my intervals was much better than trying to run and stare at my watch at the same time. Especially since I haven't mailed my watch off to get fixed yet.


I have some serious running goals for next year that I've been contemplating, and I think cross training and speed work are going to be a necessary part of reaching those goals.

Speaking of cross training - you'll probably be surprised to know that I completed day 28 of 30 or my 30 days of yoga challenge. I haven't missed a single day, and I am seriously loving the Yoga with Adriene channel on YouTube.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Buddy enjoying his runs! I really like running on trails and the Rockefeller Preserve sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trails are so much nicer than running on the road, but the road is so much more convenient!

      Delete
  2. What, another new gadget to try? I have never heard of the Moov. How fun to have a tractor at your house! We have small lots here so I cannot even imagine but seems like a blast for the guys. You dog is adorable. Great job sticking to a yoga challenge for that long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There's always a new gadget to try! The Moov Now is their second generation and it's a little wearable coach - I'm liking it so far! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the fireplace! Awesome tractor too! That would've come in handy with your giant rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fireplace! Awesome tractor too! That would've come in handy with your giant rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...