Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Busy Saturday and an Excellent Run

I had an unusually busy Saturday this week. Generally I'm pretty happy with few things on my to do list for the weekends, so it was pretty different from my usual antisocial quiet weekends.

I was debating making another trip down to meet up with my running buddies and made the last minute decision to go for it. Tom convinced me that I would be happier if I went, and, of course, I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful, if chilly, day and we had a fairly large group of people for the run. It's always fun to see everyone, and 7 miles never go by so quickly.

After a quick stop at the house for a shower and some lunch, I was out the door again, this time for a CPR class. The class was hosted by another running group, which isn't really close to my house either, but it's a bit closer than my old group. It worked out nicely because I renewed my CPR and got to meet a few of the runners from the Taconic Road Runners Club. One of these weekends I will have to branch out and meet up with them for a weekend run.

The woman who taught the CPR class gave us a bit of a lecture about the fact none of us like running with our phones. The short version was: suck it up and run with your phone.

One of Tom's friends was having a dinner party, so we made ourselves presentable (what do you mean I can't wear running clothes to a dinner party?) and made the 45 minute drive to their house. We went to a couple of barbecue/pool parties at their house this summer. They always have a ton of guests and even more food.


SO much food.


We didn't end up getting home until almost 1am, which is way past my usual bedtime. It was a pretty long day.

This morning I took my time getting moving and finally got out the door for a run a little after noon. I swear, sometimes I take longer to get ready for a run than when I get dressed up.

I started my Moov (my replacement GPS watch hasn't made its way back yet), threw on an audiobook and went on my way. I didn't really have a plan for my run, I just took it easy and enjoyed myself. It ended up being fairly slow, but it was as effortless and enjoyable as running gets! I got caught up in my audiobook and ended up running 8 miles.

How was your weekend?

Are you a fan of busy, social weekends or lazy, quiet weekends?

12 comments:

  1. My work week is so hectic and crazy that I love quiet weekends. We don't get much done tho. Lots of laying around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running with friends is always more fun and I agree having your phone is a must

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should carry my phone but I hate carrying things! I am trying to be better about it though.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a perfectly lovely weekend. That's so funny how dressing up used to be fun but now, I'd just like to wear my running clothes everywhere. We had a nice weekend chilling in San Diego. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love getting dressed up when I was in college, now I'm all about comfort!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a fun weekend. It's nice if you can alternate one busy one and then one lazy one

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always seem to go back in forth between having a lazy weekend and having a jam packed weekend with travel. I guess they balance each other out! How is the Taconic Runner's group. This reminds me that we should still get together one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it out for a run with Taconic yet, but I'm planning on it! We should definitely figure out a meet up one of these days since we're so close!

      Delete
  6. Looks a fun weekend! I love lazy weekends but sometimes it's fun to get out of the house and do something different, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly like lazy weekends, I'm a homebody :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...