Monday, November 2, 2015

New Sponges and Other (Not)Exciting Things

Today was one of those days where I was so productive I wonder what on earth I do with my time normally. It helps that I don't teach classes on Mondays right now, so I did have the entire day to get things done.

I spent some time in the morning putting together email lists for work stuff. I felt like I was back at my old life, entering blood donation records for the Red Cross. Type a bit, flip a paper over, type some more, click a few things. I don't miss that job. I also don't miss my basement cubicle life. I do miss working with Tiny and seeing her everyday though.

I tackled the dishes, which somehow ended up being almost all of the plates we have out (the kitchen is going to be gutted, so we still haven't unpacked) despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I washed them yesterday.


My reward was throwing out the old kitchen sponge for a shiny new one. Being an adult is lame sometimes.

Buddy and I went for a 3 mile run around the neighborhood. He went out way too fast and we had some serious positive splits going on. He had a blast though. I have built in running with Buddy days on my "not training for anything" training plan, so he will get out and about more often.


An added bonus of taking him running is that his nails aren't quite so lethal from running on the pavement. This is good because I can usually only get one nail clipped before he completely loses his mind and starts playing keep away.

When I got home I hit the mat for day 15 of my (self-imposed) 30 day yoga challenge. I don't want to speak too soon, but I have been enjoying taking a bit of time to slow down and do a little yoga. I'm definitely noticing some increased flexibility.


I'm not a fan of how early it gets dark now. Seriously, the sun is setting before 5 o clock! Not cool.

Don't forget to enter my hemp hearts giveaway! It takes a few seconds and you have seriously good odds of winning because apparently no one likes free stuff anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...