Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Not Just Half Crazy Anymore

I'm not as sore as I thought I was going to be after the race. Don't get me wrong, I was plenty sore, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I hit the treadmill for an easy 3 miles on Tuesday afternoon and had no trouble at all. I'm taking this week easy, and next week I'll be back in training mode. My next half is in May, and I have a 10k trail race (just for fun) coming up on April 11th.

Buddy has been enjoying the snow-free yard and the occasional sunshine. It has still been pretty chilly, but it's finally starting to feel like spring!



This is his "please stop taking my picture" look.


And in exciting news - I'm not just half crazy anymore, I registered for my first full marathon today! I'm going to be running the Steamtown Marathon in October (out of habit, I totally just typed half marathon).

I'm really excited to take on this new challenge, and also a little freaked out about what I just signed up for!

4 comments:

  1. Yay congrats! My uncle actually BQ -ed at that race a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It sounds like it's a really fun race :)

      Delete
  2. That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear about your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...