Monday, April 6, 2015

A Bright, Sunshiny Day

It was SO nice out today!

I ate my lunch out on the back deck while Buddy sunbathed. I can't remember the last time it was warm enough to sit out there. We haven't even bothered to bring up the seat cushions from the basement yet.



Buddy was pretty happy to be out in the sunshine.


This afternoon I went for a run around the neighborhood. Usually if I actually drag myself outside for a run on my own, it's on the trails, but I didn't feel like driving anywhere. 3 easy miles at a 9:15 pace to start off training for my next half (next up: Rhinebeck Hudson Valley Full and Half Marathon in May).

It was hot out! Ok, so it was only in the low 60s, but I'm not used to it. It felt wrong to run in a tank top - I'm so used to jackets at this point.

Buddy joined me on the deck after my run - I was too hot to stay inside.


Remember a week ago when I was racing in 27 degree weather? This is much nicer.

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited that it is warm out. I took Baylee for a walk today and I know she enjoyed getting outside! Buddy looks like he is enjoying the warmth too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad we spent so much time outside, it's raining today!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it strange how drastically the weather can change from week to week in the spring? I still feel weird about having bare arms when I run. Glad you had such a nice sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is definitely all over the place weather-wise. We're back to rain today.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for sunshine! And over here on the other coast it is actually cold(ish) today. We are very happy about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty crazy indeed. I wore no jacket to work on Monday and today I have my winter coat on. I have been wearing long sleeve shirts and my Nike best out of habit but I'm pretty sure I can switch to lighter running gear in a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and soon we'll be complaining about the humidity! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...