Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Running Things

I'm glad I spent so much time outside on Monday, because yesterday was rainy and today was overcast. Spring is so all over the place weather-wise. At least we're (probably) done with snow for a while.

I had a super short run (2 miles) on the training plan for Tuesday, and ended up doing 2.5 easy miles in the basement.


Today was a tempo run. It took me forever to get motivated, and I couldn't run as fast as my tempos a few weeks before the race. I still have the tail end of a cold and when I get running too fast I start coughing, so I guess I shouldn't expect to be at my best.

6 miles total with 4 at 8:34, I'll take it.


I'm running a 10k trail race this weekend that is being put on by REI. I have no idea how the trails are (rough/groomed), so I'm going to play things by ear and just enjoy it. It sounds like a bunch of other people from Rivertown Runners (my weekend running people) are going to be there too, so it should be fun.

9 comments:

  1. We had a funny weather day today. Started out absolutely beautiful, sunny and blue sky. Got windy and now it's storming so hard it's trying to come in the house! Winter is not ready to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the tail end of a cold and the hacking that goes with it. All the best with your trail race. It's SO rainy here I'll bet our trails are a mess right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping the trails aren't too crazy :)

      Delete
  3. Which shoes are they? Are they Mizuno wave rider 17?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aack! Our spring is all over the place too. I have winter gear still in my closet (just used it last night too) and had to pull out warm weather stuff so early this year. It's a mess and it doesn't all fit.

    Hope you are back to 100% soon.

    Let Buddy know I missed him today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the unpredictable weather beats the cold all the time, but it's hard to know what to wear!

      I try to tell Buddy how much he is missed when he won't let me take his picture, but he doesn't listen ;)

      Delete
  5. Nice run! Hopefully that lingering cough is gone soon. They are so annoying to deal w/ while running.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...