Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Weather is Hard to Dress For

I took this week easy. I did a couple of easy runs on the treadmill, but otherwise haven't done much since the race last weekend.


This morning I was up bright and early to meet up with the group for our trail run. It was in the 40s, but windy, so I wasn't sure what to wear. I took buddy out to do a weather check and decided to wear capris, a tank, a half zip and my smart wool headband. 

By mile 2 the half zip was tied around my waist and by mile 4 the headband was looped through one of the arms of the half zip. Spring weather is hard to dress for. 

We were moving at a pretty good pace, though the hills reminded me that it hasn't been that long since West Point. It was good to catch up with my running buddies since I hadn't seen most of them for a few weeks. We were all pretty excited because we were back to our regular trails - the snow is finally gone! We ran 6.6 miles at around a 9:16 pace according to my TomTom. Everyone insists that the run is 7 miles, and my GPS always comes up short. Blame it on the hills.

This afternoon I did laundry (1 load of running gear and 1 of normal clothes). It still needs to be folded, but I'm counting it as a win. 

My computer is getting slower every day. I actually wrote most of this post on my phone because it was faster.


Buddy has been in absolute heaven the last few days since it has actually been sunny out. He just sleeps in the sun and periodically gets up to stretch.


And in other exciting news: I finally found this ice cream!


Um, yes please. I'll take one for after every long run please. That totally balances out, right? :) Anyway, it's good stuff, you should track some down.

I hope you're having a good weekend so far!

6 comments:

  1. Today was a laundry day for me too, and it confirmed the realization that I officially have more running clothes than any other type of clothing :)

    That picture of the sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running clothes are so much better than regular clothes! :) Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

      Delete
  2. Crazy that the run comes up short every time. I tend to have to go with my watch since that's what I'll be entering on my log. If it were me, though I'd check mapmyrun or something to know for sure how long that route is. My pace leader always said we have to go by the Pace leader's Garmin but his Garmin always made my runs go long (if that makes sense). Sometimes i was a big brat and would stop when my watch told me to.

    Buddy's showing off some acro skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go with my watch too, though my last few half marathons have come up short on my watch, so who knows.

      Delete
  3. I have a hard time dressing in the spring, too. I still have memories of being cold so I want to wear more than I should. As for the run, is it a heavily wooded area? If so, your watch may be cutting out which would cause it to make the run shorter than it is. GPS is really inaccurate in the woods sometimes. My friend and I can run side-by-side and get different watch readings in our woods (and we have the same watch).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ton of trees, that's probably most of the problem.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...