Sunday, August 2, 2015

Marathon Training Week 6

This week was a tough one. I wasn't good about managing my time, it was hot, and we went up to the lake house. I was actually feeling like I fell off the training plan because I didn't get my long run in, but when I actually look over my training log, I hit every other goal for the week. One missed run isn't going to wreck my training.

Monday: Cross training. I did an hour of yoga with my new yoga app. It's called Yoga Studio, and while I feel like the instructor voice is a little too breathy for my taste, I really like the app so far. The beginner level poses are actually things I can do (there's nothing like an impossibly difficult pose to make me instantly stop doing yoga) and they're really well explained too.

Tuesday: 4 miles. Tuesday is when the well pump died and we didn't have any water. It was a late run, hot and humid. I also wanted to go home pretty much the whole time. I wouldn't have gone out at all, but Tom had a run as part of his workout and we started out together. 4 miles @ 9:48 pace.

Wednesday: 7 miles. I really should have woken up early and run before work, but I didn't. Instead, I ran in the heat and walked up a lot of the hills. It was the hottest day of the year (so far) and I have no one to blame but myself for this run. 7.01 miles @ 10:39 pace.

Thursday: 4 miles. We were planning to leave right after work to head to the lake house, so I actually woke up early to run. And then I tried to convince Tom that I should go back to sleep. He had 5k to run for his workout, so he convinced me to lace up and hit the road. 4.02 miles @ 9:24 pace.

Representing Rivertown Runners on the boat dock

Friday: Rest day. I had major plans to get my runs in while we were at the lake house. I was planning on shifting things around and taking my rest day on Sunday. It didn't quite work out as planned. Friday I worked my way through a disturbing number of bugs (I don't even want to talk about it) and polished off 7.18 miles at 9:40 pace.

Saturday: 7 miles. Saturday ended up being a relaxing day at the lake house. We spent some time out on the boat and lounging/reading by the dock. Not a bad way to spend a day!


Sunday: 15 miles. This just didn't happen. It's a 6 hour drive from the lake house back to our house, and I had some things I wanted to get done once we got back. While missing my long run for the week makes me feel like a bit of a failure for the week, I realize that one missed run isn't going to make that big of a difference in the long run.

I'm short on miles for the week, but I'm putting it behind me and ready to take on my next week of training. I'm hoping the heat will cut me some slack and I'll be able to pick up the pace a little bit. It would be good for my mental health.

Miles this week: 22.21

4 comments:

  1. That is great weekly mileage especially considering the heat and you ran at a good pace too!! Looks like you had a successful week to me and that lake looks so wonderful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a bit of a rough week of running, but the lake house is always a great place to spend the weekend.

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to have the lake house to go visit! I don't blame you not wanting to run after 6 hours in the car though. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...