Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I didn't run today

I was exhausted from the minute my alarm went off this morning. And I'm not talking the normal level of tired that I feel when my alarm goes off, this was a crazy, extreme level of tired.

I even tried to nap this afternoon (it didn't work), which I never do unless I'm sick.

The thing is, I'm not sick, but I have been bad about going to bed at a reasonable hour. And, oh yeah, I'm training for a marathon, so maybe I should be better about getting a decent amount of sleep.

It feels really weird to take an unplanned rest day when I'm not injured, but I decided it was better to miss a 5 mile easy run than to risk missing a more important run later in the week. Wasn't that responsible of me?

So now I'm off to eat some Chinese food and get myself to bed early.

I'll just leave this here.


2 comments:

  1. I'm bad about bedtime too. I blame Facebook, blogs, and Netflix. I hope you are feeling more rested today! That over-fatigue feeling is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was much better on Wednesday and am back to a "normal" level of tired today. There are so many distractions that keep me from getting to bed on time - it's tricky!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...