Monday, August 17, 2015

Marathon Training Week 8

Monday: Cross Training. I almost didn't do anything because I taught extra classes on Monday (I'm teaching preschool gymnastics classes) and I was really tired, but I convinced myself to do a quick 30 minutes of yoga. I have actually noticed a bit more flexibility since I started consistently doing yoga. Go figure.

Tuesday: 4 miles. I turned my watch display to distance, and ran by feel. It was a good run overall. 4.05 miles @ 9:17 pace.


Wednesday: 8 miles. This run was a lesson/reminder that food is fuel and if you try to run 8 miles without eating enough throughout the day, it won't go well. While my pace ended up being decent, I just felt like I was dragging the entire run. 8.11 miles @ 9:16 pace.

Thursday: 4 miles. Tom decided to run 5k, so we ran the first mile and a half together. There's something about having that second pair of shoes hitting the pavement that makes a run feel easier. I was feeling good and pushed the pace a bit on the way home (we both ran out and back). 4 miles @ 8:52 pace.

Friday: Rest day. Indeed. We went to a bar near our house to watch some preseason football. I had more beer than I should have and stayed up way later than I should have.

Saturday: 8 miles. I was thisclose to not running at all, but I got my new hydration pack and wanted to try it out before my 17 miler on Sunday. It was not a good run, but I felt better when I got home, and I was glad that I made myself get out the door. 4 miles @ 9:43 pace.


Sunday: 17 miles. I was up at 5 and out the door a little after 6. I was super impressed with myself. I'm not so good at getting out the door early in the morning. My new hydration pack worked out nicely, I like it a lot better than the waist belt - less bouncing! I somehow managed to run an even hillier course than last weekend, 1762 feet of elevation according to my watch. I'm hoping all these hills give me super powers. 17 miles @ 10:51 pace.


Miles this week: 37.16

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo great week! Glad you were able to incorporate rest/fun and some great runs. That 17-miler is VERY impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard to get past the pace sometimes, but knowing how hilly it is really helps me feel less slow :)

      Delete
  2. So proud and a tad jealous you were up and out so early for your long run. I like that you are feeling more flexibility from yoga. Maybe this will incentivize me to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I really like the Yoga Studio app - it lets you pick anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, so it's easy to sneak a few minutes in and not feel like I have to carve out hours every week for yoga. They also have some yoga for runners options that I've been doing after most of my runs.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...