Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rusty Showers and Hot Runs

We ended up getting a new well pump yesterday. It turns out that the bottom of the old pump had rusted off, so the well guys were surprised we had any water at all!

For now, we're not drinking our water, and it's not exactly coming out completely clear - it's more...rust colored. They stirred up a lot of sediment and rusty bits yesterday, so it will take a few days for it all to settle again. We're also going through about one sediment filter per day. But at least there are showers now!

I was going to be super lazy and not run yesterday afternoon, but Tom had a 2k run as part of his workout, so we ran a bit together. He turned back to finish his workout, and I trudged my way through the heat to 4 miles. I don't think I was fully recovered from my 14 miles on Sunday, because I was slooooooooow and not feeling it. I took so long that Tom had started to wonder if he should hop in the truck and come look for me.

Buddy wasn't ready to wake up this morning, and found a nice spot in the office (under the desk) for an early morning nap.


It was supposed to hit 95 degrees today, so a rational person would have planned to wake up early for their 7 mile run, but I am not a rational person. I am a person who likes sleep. I was, of course, regretting this decision at noon (after work, I didn't sleep until noon) when I headed out the door. And in case you're wondering why I didn't wait until it cooled off later - it isn't supposed to start cooling off until around 9 tonight. No thank you.

I kept an eye on my heart rate, and walked up a lot of the hills, but I got my 7 miles in. And then I sprawled on the floor for about a half hour afterwards.

This was my view from the middle of the living room floor:


He's so cute.


4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Bummer about the well pump! Hopefully your water clears up soon. As for the heat, even though the actual temperature doesn't go down until 9 p.m, the sun is a lot less hot after 7:30 or 8 and running is a lot more pleasant then. I can run in ANY temperature at that time without dying...but any earlier and I'm crying for shade. You did a great job pushing through, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other problem is that my motivation decreases the later in the day it is. :) I'll have to try out this less hot time of day you speak of.

      Delete
    2. Well, that is a problem! :) Maybe 4 am.?

      Delete
    3. 4 am - you're hilarious, Jan. That is so not happening! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...