Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Who Needs an Oven?

Our neighbor gave us an enormous zucchini squash yesterday.


I shredded the entire thing (by hand) and it took forever. Part of it became really delicious zucchini fritters/pancakes that we ate with dinner last night, and the rest was destined to become zucchini bread.


Now, right now you may be thinking, "But don't you not have an oven?" You would be right. We don't have an oven right now, but we are creative. Tom wrapped a couple of bricks with foil, and put a cookie sheet on top of them on the grill. After the "oven" was preheated, we put the loaf pans on top of the cookie sheet and kept an eye on the temperature.

And you know what? It totally worked!


There's something about Tuesdays that make me really not want to go out and run. Mondays I have off from running and then when Tuesday rolls around and I'm still a little sore from my long run, and I could very easily just not run. I can always run tomorrow, right?

I did manage to drag myself out the door around 5:30 (pm, for sure!) for 5 miles. I am definitely not fully recovered from the hills of my long run, and it was still pretty hot out, so I was slower than I wanted to be. I'm still considering it a win since I didn't want to run at all and wanted to quit early, but I didn't.

Do you have any creative cooking stories?

2 comments:

  1. That bread looks scrumptious, but the thought of turning on the kitchen oven during this heat wave...maybe I'll try the outdoor grill-oven method! Is Tom an Eagle scout or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he's just very creative and resourceful :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...