Saturday, July 18, 2015

One of THOSE People

Lately, I have been missing my weekend running buddies, and the beautiful trails we run on. I have looked into closer running groups, but all the meet up spots are about a half hour drive away. So why not tack on another 10 minutes to that drive and run with some of my favorite people?

This morning I woke up early, wolfed down some coffee and an english muffin and hit the road to meet up with the group. I didn't tell anyone I was coming, so it was fun to surprise them!

The skies were cloudy and I hit a few showers on the way down, but it's supposed to be the hottest weekend ever (or the hottest weekend of the year so far, whichever) so we were a little surprised when, about a half mile into our run, the skies opened up and we were caught in a complete downpour! There was a bit of thunder and lightning and a LOT of rain and mud, but we were already soaked, so we just kept going.

We got a good laugh out of the fact that I woke up early to drive 45 minutes so I could run in a thunderstorm. I'm officially one of those crazy runner people!


It was really nice to get to see everyone again, though one of our usual group was home with an injury, so it was a bummer to miss seeing her. The drive really wasn't so bad, and it felt really good to be on the trails instead of on the road all the time.

6.89 miles at 9:09 pace according to my watch. Not bad considering our less than prime weather conditions!


I wasn't expecting the rain, but luckily I had a rain coat in the car (and a dry shirt!), so I sat on that for the drive home. My seat still got wet, but probably less than it would have otherwise. Next time, I'm bringing a towel, regardless of the weather report!

Unrelated, but how cute is this dog?


I hope your Saturday is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's totally worth it to drive to do a longer run w/ friends! Maybe not a 3-miler, but definitely a longer run. It's a social event AND a workout--win win! Bummer your new house is far away from your group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I will definitely be making a few more trips down there for some longer runs as my training mileage goes up. I can only run around the neighborhood so many times!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...