Thursday, March 10, 2016

Super Lazy

This may seem strange coming from someone who runs, but I'm really a naturally lazy person. Just ask my mom.


I am perfectly happy to curl up on the couch with a book or my laptop and not move all day. I don't even feel guilty when I do it either.

It's not the most productive way of living, so every day is a series of negotiations with myself over random things. It's usually along these lines:

I don't want to do that

Will you want to do it later?

Probably not. 

Does it need to be done?

At some point...

Just do it now and get it over with.

Fiiiiiiiine

It's all very mature, but at least I can generally get things done when I need to. This tendency is also part of what motivates me to sign up for races. I like running, I wouldn't keep running and racing if I didn't, but even things I like to do can fall victim to my default laziness.

Tom has been working in the city this week, and when he's gone I tend to be super lazy about meals. I'm the queen of the snack-a-thon - I'll just have a little of this and a little of that until I'm full. I'm pretty impressed with myself because I haven't done that this week. I have actually cooked something every night.

Not that I have anything against cereal for dinner, because I don't.

A few meals from this week:

This is not attractive, but it was delicious: rice with bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, broccoli and chicken.


Burger! (I would happily eat a burger every day) and some mostly successful potato wedges/fries. Considering I'm working without an oven they turned out pretty well!


Tonight was avocado with a side of chicken fajitas. Avocado is the best.


Do you have a food you would be happy to eat every day?

4 comments:

  1. I'll never tire of burgers or pizza. When my husband travels I find myself going meatless unintentionally. I tend to eat eggs a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do less meat when it's just me. Funny, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. That food looks delicious! I would happily eat my mom's enchiladas all day, every day! I would gain all the weight she has been begging me to put on for years, and she would be very happy! I can already picture it, enchiladas for breakfast, enchiladas for lunch and enchiladas for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had enchiladas in a really long time

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...