Saturday, March 5, 2016

An Early Morning Long Run

My alarm went off early this morning.

Like, 5am early.

After a quick coffee (there must always be coffee) and a bowl of oatmeal, I hit the road to meet up with my running friends to get a few miles in before the main Rivertown Runners meet up at 8.

We got a little over 4 miles in and then hit the trails with the big group. There was a really good turn out today for some reason, (maybe because people have races coming up?) and we had around 30 people for our chilly run. Maybe everyone was fooled by the sunny morning. It's that time of year when you expect the sun to be warm, but it's not quite there yet. Although, it's supposed to hit 70 on Wednesday, so spring is not far off!

I attempted to take a picture right as the trail turned, so instead of seeing all the people ahead of us, here's a few.


11 miles for the morning and other than being tired from my early morning wake up, I'm feeling good. Good thing too, because my first half of the year is only 3 weeks away!

This is my current favorite Yoga With Adriene video:


Ignore the "for weight loss" title - I do. I just really enjoy the flow and have done this video several times this week. I also want Adriene's tights.

Buddy has had a busy day of sleeping. It's impressive how exhausting all that sleeping is!


I have a feeling I won't be staying up very late tonight either.

6 comments:

  1. Great job getting up so early for your run! It's always a great feeling to get a workout in that early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to get it done early, not so nice to actually wake up early! :)

      Delete
  2. It's always worth it for the early rise to get a double digit run in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One advantage to running in Alaska is the later start to group runs even in the summer months. I don't miss the 5am alarm on Saturday mornings. Nice job of getting up and logging a double digit run!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...