Sunday, March 20, 2016

Not Much Else

I had some major plans to do stuff today. I got the dishes done early and braved the Sunday grocery store madness before noon.

And then I did a whole lot of not much else.

My Saturday long run (10 miles) went much faster than last weekend because I was running with my running group. I don't really feel like I'm running a half marathon next weekend, but apparently I am.

I don't know what to expect from this race, because I haven't run a half since September. I'm hoping I will be able to keep it under 2 hours, but the first long race of the year is always unpredictable.

In other news: this is what you should do with any and all St Patrick's Day leftovers - corned beef hash! Tom made it on Saturday. It was delicious and I wanted more.


Buddy has been really busy lately.


He actually has a new trick of digging things up in the yard and eating them. The old owners had a really big garden in the middle of the yard that was overgrown and crazy when we moved in. We cleared it all out, but a few things have popped up (like random asparagus stalks). I'm pretty sure Buddy found some kind of radishes and he's been ripping up the yard to get to them.

I got these fancy shoe laces on Kickstarter (I should not be allowed on there) and now I'll never have to tie these shoes again.


The rest of our corned beef leftovers (we deliberately made a ton) are going to be turned into reuben sandwiches for dinner tonight.

6 comments:

  1. my dad used to make and eat corned beef hash like a boss when we were growing up and I wouldn't go near it. Now it looks pretty dang amazing! One of our dogs was chewing on what looked like a giant bird talon the other day. Eeeew! All the best with your half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes look comfy! and your breakfast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfy shoes - I wear them a ton, which is probably why they're dirty! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! That hash looks so good.

    Nice pace on your long run. I'm hoping to be back in double digits this weekend on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raquelita! Hope you get a great run in this weekend! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...