Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hot Stuff

Not to complain, but it was too hot for my run today.

Ok, so it was really only around 65 degrees, but I need a little more of a transition period to get used to warmer weather.

I had a tempo run on the plan and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pick up any speed at all until a little over a mile in. It was weird to be running in shorts and a tank top again. If you don't count my amazingly slow first mile, I averaged an 8:47 pace. I'm always happy with any time that starts with an 8.


Buddy and I hung out in the yard for a bit after I got home. I was too hot to go inside.

I don't know why Buddy looks angry in this picture. He's been loving all the sunshine we have had lately.


My first half marathon of the year is coming up quickly! It's the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon, which is a little over two weeks away. You can read my recap of the 2014 race HERE. It was my first half in NY and I basically trained on the treadmill. It was before I joined my weekend running group and before I gained any speed.

It is a fairly hilly half, so we'll see where I'm at come race day.

When/what is your next race?

Did anyone get into the NYC Marathon lottery today? I didn't apply this year, I have other possibilities for a fall marathon that I'm considering.

9 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about my run tonight. It was nice to be in the warm weather but it was too humid. And I got sweat in my eyes...I don't miss winter but I need a transitional period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very warm in Iowa as well! Today we hit 73! My first race of this year is this Saturday! My first half this year is May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too warm here, but it's been warm enough for some melt and refreeze so the trails are pretty slick. I'm open to the idea of a half in April or May, but I don't have one on my schedule right now. The next race I'm actually registered for is Seattle Rock N Roll Full in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the melt and refreeze stage - it gets dangerous! I haven't run any of the Rock N Roll races, but they look like a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh same here, we went from like 50/60 to 80. Our bodies need time to get used to this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...