Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Taper Weirdness and We Have Walls!

Is it normal during the taper for your body to feel like it's forgotten how to run? I had 3 miles on the plan for today, and they felt awkward and terrible. I had to stop several times (twice to fix shoelaces) and just felt out of shape, and slow.

I was more than a little surprised when I got home and uploaded my run. With an average pace of 8:50, it's the fastest I've run in weeks.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Buddy was a bit chilly this morning. Doesn't he look photoshopped?


We had rain last week, which put a stop to the construction for a little while. Today was back to the craziness. There was a lumber delivery, guys chipping up the garage floor and putting scaffolding up by the chimney, and guys putting walls on the second story of the addition.

Look how sad Buddy looks when Tom is outside without him.


The garage looked bad before, but this is much worse. Every construction project looks worse before it gets better.


Look how much bigger the house is getting!


They got all the walls up on the second floor today. There's going to be two new bathrooms, the master bedroom and a ridiculously large walk-in closet in there.


I can't wait!

10 comments:

  1. How exciting to watch your house progress! Buddy is freaking hilarious. I swear anything goes during taper. My last few runs were super-sonic. Clearly no indication whatsoever on how race day would go. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how fast some parts of the construction go, and definitely a lot of fun to see all the changes!

      Delete
  2. I was going to say the same thing--it's so much fun to watch your house change! And that dog bed...Buddy has reached a new low (or high?) for pathetic dog. LOL! What a goofball!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy is ridiculous - the funny part is that he still can't quite figure out how to get in there on his own!

      Delete
  3. Haha Buddy looks toasty warm in his new bed! The taper is a wild beast. I have felt exactly as you have during tapers then had speedy times - it's weird for sure. All I can offer is trust your training, run your own race, and have the time of your life! I ran my first marathon in January and it's an experience I'll never forget ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hearing about the strange things the taper does to other people makes me feel better :) "Run your own race" is one I tell myself in a lot of races when I catch myself worrying about other people or trying to keep up with someone I really shouldn't be.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, welcome to the taper! Where you seriously doubt your ability to run 3 miles, nevermind 26.2! You're right on track. :)
    I agree with the other posters...it's fun to watch your house get remodeled! (I've been reading your blog for months, by the way...hi!)
    Also, you have an adorable dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I love hearing that it's totally normal to feel like a mess during the taper :)

      And it's a good thing Buddy's adorable, because he's kind of a brat sometimes!

      Delete
  5. I cannot wait to see the finished product. Maybe the dog is having taper related symptoms, lol. You are going to do great on your race.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be so cool when all the work is done on the house...eventually! Buddy is just a baby, and he's not a huge fan of all the construction noise. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...