Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Blue Apron Birthday

I don't know if you've noticed, but we're a little busy around here. Between marathon training, work and all the work being done on the house, there have been more than a few nights of takeout in the last few months.

Don't get me wrong, I love takeout, it's easy and tasty, but it isn't the healthiest thing we could eat.

For our birthdays, my mom bought us a few Blue Apron deliveries. We got our first box last week, and everything was really good!


Our box came with three meals and really nicely printed recipes. Everything comes in a nicely insulated box with ice packs, so even if you're not home when it gets delivered, your food will be safely waiting for you.


The first meal I decided to make was this Spiced Turkey chili.

Now, I may just be bad at meal planning and lazy about going to the store, but how nice is it to have just what you need for a recipe delivered to your house? I'll tell you, it's extremely nice. 


The other recipes in this box were pan seared steaks with spinach and lemon-butter purple potatoes, and crispy Cajun catfish with dirty rice and spicy remoulade. They all turned out really well, especially considering how limited our "kitchen" is right now. So far I have been able to make everything on the burner on the grill.


I'm really excited to get our next box - Blue Apron is a lot of fun so far! Thanks, Mom! :)

6 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift! And at the perfect time too. Yay for race week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's a lot of fun, and is definitely making life a little easier!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of Blue Apron, but still can't find a way to justify the splurge. Hmmm...maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun to try new recipes and it's super convenient :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...