Saturday, September 26, 2015

Last Double Digit Run

I'm trying to be really careful with myself for the next two weeks. What does that mean? It means I'm not doing head stands or trying any new workouts. The last thing I want right now is to hurt myself doing something I don't need to be doing, and mess up race day for myself.

I'm also super paranoid about loose dogs on my runs. We live in a really rural area, and a lot of people don't have fences for their dogs. That's great and all, but I have had several standoffs with dogs lately. One owner was in the yard and told me that his dog was just a little skittish/nervous. Ok, but your dog is just as likely to bite me because it's scared, thank you very much.

My cold/allergies/whatever it is almost convinced me to skip my run today. Thankfully I didn't listen. It was a little rough for the first few miles, but I got my last double digit run before the marathon in.


It was only 12 miles and I almost headed out the door without my hydration pack because I decided that it was a short run. I'm smart like that.


I didn't plan my route well at all and ended up hitting my 12 miles about two miles away from the house. I debated just running it, but decided that it would be a good cool down to just walk it. Walking is SO slow!


Buddy was excited that I came home. Every time we leave he's pretty sure we're never coming back.


I have very exciting plans to be lazy this afternoon - they're my favorite kind of plans!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you are glad your long run is done!!! Great Job
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I'm really looking forward to having some shorter runs for the next couple of weeks - it will be a nice change! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...