Friday, September 25, 2015

Curiosity and My Marathon Shoes

I'm linking up with Jill for Fitness Friday this week - go check out some of the other great bloggers that take part!

Can we take a minute to think about the fact that Steamtown is only 15 days away?

I'm in a weird place about the whole thing because, when I actually stop to think about the fact that I will be running 26 miles and 385 yards in 15 days, I start to get a little freaked out. The thing is, I don't really think about it as often as I think most first-time marathoners do. There are a lot of things going on right now between work and the house, so I actually find that there are entire days where I don't think about the challenge I have ahead of me.

There are more runners out and about in our neighborhood these days. This summer I hardly saw any other runners while I was out, trudging through the humidity. Where have they been? Have they been holed up at a gym on a treadmill? Are they just fair weather runners? Are they training for anything?

I'm very curious about these people.

Most of them are not super friendly. For the most part they give me a weird look when I give them a little wave and say hi as we pass. Don't they know that's what runners do? Apparently these fair weather runners are also anti-social.

I'm so excited that the weather is finally turning! I had more than enough of the heat and humidity this year.


The cooler temps and the lower humidity has really made a difference in my last few runs. My cruising speed is faster than it has been, which gives me hope that I won't end up taking half the day to get to the finish line at Steamtown.

I decided that my Saucony Zealots are going to be my marathon shoes. I decided this right after a really fun run in the rain a couple of weeks ago. They were completely soaked when I took them off and I left them in the kitchen. They haven't moved since.


I miss running in them, but I don't want to add any more miles to them before the marathon. I have plenty of other shoes I can wear, but isn't it always the case? I want what I can't have. 

7 comments:

  1. There are some very unsocial runners. When I am running I say hi to everyone,because I want people to be nice to me. Do unto others, too bad the don't feel the same way. I was looking at running shoes today at the store. I seriously do not Need them but I want them. Have a great evening
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's dangerous to go into stores with running shoes! :) I always want more!

      Delete
  2. That's strange...I always say hello to other runners & they do the same. I can't imagine a non-friendly runner. I make it my mission to get to know every runner in my town (for real). Your back yard is so awesome. Is Buddy getting used to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy is finally getting used to the yard. He still prefers if someone goes outside with him, but he is getting better about being outside on his own.

      Delete
  3. That's strange...I always say hello to other runners & they do the same. I can't imagine a non-friendly runner. I make it my mission to get to know every runner in my town (for real). Your back yard is so awesome. Is Buddy getting used to it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting to be this close and anticipating race day. I always say hello :)

    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for joining the fitfam for Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! The race is definitely getting scary close!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...