Monday, June 20, 2016

Marathon Training Week 2

Monday - Cross Training

This week did not start off strong. Aside from teaching my classes, I didn't do anything. I did the laundry, does that count?


Tuesday - 3 miles

I quite intelligently went running at the hottest part of the day for some reason. I had a slow first mile, an average second mile and a decently quick third mile. It gave me some confidence that my pace will actually come back to me one of these days.

3.05 miles @ 9:35 pace

Wednesday - 5 miles

My body is being overly dramatic about the heat lately. It's not that hot out. It really isn't. There wasn't any wind out, which didn't help, but I felt like it was a hundred degrees outside during this run. I don't think it was even above 80 by the time I got out the door. Fingers crossed I adjust to the warmer weather soon!


5.01 miles @ 10:12 pace

Thursday - 3 miles

My achilles was feeling a little tender on Thursday, so I decided to swap my rest day to give it a break. Hopefully it's just whining a bit in response to my increasing mileage.

Friday - Rest day

I don't know why I run at noon so often. I'm a terrible planner. It was hot and I was whiny, but I got it done.

3.02 miles @ 10:03 pace

Saturday - 5 miles

The way my legs were feeling I decided not to meet up with my weekend running group. I know things are improving, but I also know I'm more likely to push the pace if I'm running with other people, and I really don't need to be doing that right now. I hate to miss my time with friends, especially since I won't be able to make it down there again until sometime in July, but I'm really trying to be smart about getting into this training cycle.

If I keep saying it, that makes it true, right?

5.02 miles @ 10:02 pace

Sunday - 11 miles 

I was up bright and early(ish) and listened to podcasts and trudged my way through my miles.


I really had to remind myself that it's more about the miles than the pace for a long run, and didn't look at my pace at all while I was running, which I think was good for my mental game.

11.11 miles @ 11:23 pace

Weekly Mileage - 27.24

I haven't had a week with mileage this good since March, which is insane.

I'm going to be traveling next week so we'll see what happens as far as my running goes.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are getting your miles in. It's been so hot here that if I don't get up before 7am then I miss my chance for a longer run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan is also great! Wow! Your level is improved quickly. At present, i am also improving my achievement. Now, i can run approximately 20 miles. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...