Sunday, June 19, 2016

Long Run!

You guys, I ran 11 miles this morning! That means I'm getting better!

I have also become completely alarmist over any little ache or pain, convinced that I will just abruptly not be able to run again. It's the stuff of nightmares.

It was supposed to be close to 90 degrees out this afternoon, so I set my alarm for 6am (because I'm not completely insane and ready for dawn runs just yet). When the alarm went off I said something along the lines of, "I don't want to do that."

But then I got up, had some coffee and an english muffin, and set about filling my hydration pack. I haven't run long in a while, so it took me a bit to make sure I had everything I needed.


Once I was on the road, it wasn't too bad. Don't get me wrong, it was hotter than I wanted it to be, and I was moving slower than I wanted to be, but I got it done!

Buddy was trying to soak up some sun this afternoon, but it was too hot, even for him.


How do you carry hydration/fuel for long runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...