Sunday, July 17, 2016

Marathon Training Week 6

I'm not sure how I'm already on week 6 of my training plan, but here I am!

Monday - Cross Training

I have the best intentions, I really do. I have been really bad about getting any cross training in.

Scout has no shame

Tuesday - 3 miles

I was definitely still feeling my weekend long run. This run was slow, but other than tired legs it felt decent. I'm convinced this summer is infinitely hotter/more humid than last summer.

3.04 miles @ 10:16 pace

Wednesday - 7 miles

This was a gym run. It's too hot and I'm far too lazy to wake up earlier than I already do during the week.

7 miles @ 9:07 pace

Thursday - 3 miles

I'm thinking about officially changing my rest day to Thursday since I keep switching it anyway. I did actually do some yoga, so I wasn't a total slacker. It's amazing how much flexibility I've lost in the last couple months. As usual, I have great plans to get back in the habit of doing yoga more often. It definitely makes a difference!

Friday - Rest Day 

Drove my lazy butt to the gym for 3 treadmill miles with podcasts. Now that I'm back on the treadmill I have to save my good podcasts so I have something to keep me sane while I run. I don't know how I used to do my long runs on my treadmill.

3 miles @ 9:52 pace

The boys got a new bed this week

Saturday - 7 miles

I was up bright and early and almost talked myself out of meeting up with my running group. It was insanely humid and I somehow didn't start my watch until 4 miles into our run. Miles always go faster with friends though, even in the humidity.

7 miles @ 10:00 pace

Sunday - 10 miles

This was a day of excuses. I really didn't sleep well for some reason, and I've been having some outer hip pain (which I'm pretty sure is bursitis), so I opted to take an extra rest day. I've had the hip issue before and usually a little rest and some ice makes it go away.

Rather than run, I did some yoga, a bunch of dishes, and attempted to make summer rolls with peanut sauce. It was a pretty successful first attempt.


I also read an entire book. It was a YA book, but still.

Weekly Mileage - 20.04

Maybe one of these days I will actually get more than one post up a week. I'm not sure why, but I just haven't been in a blogging mindset lately.

Also, if you could convince Scout that he should sleep past 5am, that would be great. Thanks


2 comments:

  1. I think it has been hotter than usual. That makes me feel better about not training for a fall marathon! Don't beat yourself up too much about the cross training. You can only do so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely getting better about not worrying too much if I miss a run or cross training session. It's not going to make that big of a difference in the long run.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...