Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Apples!

So, I think my leg is improving. I want it to magically just be better, but I know that isn't likely to happen.

I switched to the one pair of "support" style shoe that I have (and never ever wear because they're really heavy) for my run today, and it did seem to help a bit. I initially got super frustrated and angry and almost turned around in the first quarter mile, but I made myself keep going and ended up running 3 miles.

They weren't my best 3 miles ever, but they were a major improvement on what I've been able to run lately.

I (re)started doing the Lunge Matrix before my runs this week. I'm also trying to get back to doing the Myrtl routine post-run. I was really good about it for a while last year and I figure a little strength/mobility work can't hurt.

We went to a plant sale over the weekend. Apparently all the crazy plant people were there before we were, because it was pretty picked over by the time we got there. We ended up getting a few tomato plants.


We also got a little apple tree (not at the plant sale though)! It's going to have 3 other apple trees to keep it company pretty soon. If you need any apples, we're going to have more than we can ever use once they start producing fruit.



It's going to be fun to have them grow into our own mini orchard!

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same thing this year. Tomatoes and peppers went in containers. The past two years we got none in the regular garden. The deer scored them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone gave us an apple tree for our wedding haha, not exactly on my registry but it was right up my husband's alley. He is the big gardener (I show him how big I want the garden, he at least doubles it), but is away all year (army) until June so I'm hoping I'll get off easy this year! Haha! I still want tomatoes, bell peppers, basil and romaine, which was surprisingly easy and awesome to have last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a random wedding gift! I like having a small garden, but they always seem to get out of control! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...