Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ferry day

Yesterday was a very long day. We left for town around 9 to pick up our ferry tickets and get propane for the trailer. My car and I were loaded up pretty early and I read and watched from the windows while Tom sat outside in the jeep for another two hours. It was close to one before we actually left Kodiak.

I learned that with rough enough seas I get motion sickness so I spent most of the ride laying down with my eyes closed listening to audiobooks.

The foggy view from our campsite in Homer this morning
We finally got into Homer around 9 but we didn't actually get off the ferry until after midnight - unloading all the cars takes forever! We camped on the spit in Homer and after stuffing ourselves with a big breakfast at Duncan House Diner we hit the road for Anchorage.

Along the road
 
Tomorrow we're heading up to Denali for a couple of days.  I don't know if we'll have any internet access or working phones so you may have to wait to hear about Denali until we get to Tok on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to be careful driving....the scenery is soooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...