Thursday, May 18, 2017

Random Thursday Thoughts

If I blogged half as often as I think about sitting down to write a post, you would be so sick of me.


We're having a freak week of summer this week. My car said it was 94 this afternoon, which I am definitely not ready for. Fortunately it is only supposed to be in the upper 70s tomorrow, so at least it isn't sticking around.


I signed up for Jay Johnson's semi-personal coaching for my fall marathon. I'm so determined to feel good about my race this year.

Unless I can't count (which is entirely possible), marathon training starts up next week! It feels really early to be starting, but my training plan is 20 weeks long, so it makes sense.


The pooches have been joining me for some long walks lately. They love it. Scout doesn't know what to do if I stop to let them take a break and I end up tangled in leashes.


He's also super helpful when I try to stretch.


This is the floor of what will eventually be the hall/guest bathroom. We've kind of been ignoring it for a while.


I decided to pretend I know what I'm doing and made a little progress last weekend.


I ran out of thinset, and needed a break, so I didn't get it finished. Once we get all the little squares filled in it will be ready for tile!


Let's not talk about the fact that we also have the area around the tub/shower to tile, or the fact that we haven't even started on the master bathroom floor...


Have you used Thredup? I have bought a few things from them, and today I sent in my first "cleanup bag." It's basically an online consignment store. It got a bunch of clothes out of the house and may bring in a few dollars. Feels like winning to me!

2 comments:

  1. We had some crazy temps too..i went out for a run the other day and temps in 88 and once I came back and kinda felt dizzy.Lack of proper hydration.

    Once you complete the house, you should start flipping houses as a side gig ;). My wife used thredup way back when they started but she feels its bit costly now a days.
    I am determined to run my first marathon this year but not sure how to tame the beast. Our local running shoe store has a group training plan which will train for the Charlotte race. Not sure if should go with that or get a training plan and train myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on what you think will work best for you. I do better on my own, but I know a lot of people love training with groups. You're definitely ready for a full, just make sure you only look at your training plan one week at a time, those later weeks can be really overwhelming when you're first starting out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...