Thursday, February 9, 2017

Long Time No Post

Hi!

Well, I definitely did not plan on taking quite such a long break from blogging, but here we are.

Some things that have happened since we last talked:

I ran the Sleepy Hollow 10k right before Halloween. It was raining, but it was actually a lot of fun. Mostly I just wanted to share my costume. Laziest costume ever, and I have to say, it's pretty fun to run with a cape!


Tom built a new wood shed. It's pretty fancy. 



Tom convinced me to try some cycling. I started in running shoes and my old roller derby helmet, and now have an actual bike helmet and fancy cycling shoes. I just started liking it when winter hit, so I haven't ridden in a while. I will definitely be picking it up again this spring!



I can use my treadmill again! Tom got an indoor trainer for his bike, so we have a little workout area out in the garage now. It's not exactly climate controlled, so there are days I'm out there in a jacket and gloves, but I love having it as an option. Plus I really do enjoy a little Netflix and treadmill time.


Tom also convinced me to try skiing! I have taken a few lessons, and have moved from the "carpets" to actually taking the chairlifts and ever so slowly making my way down the green (easy) runs.





Aaaaand Scout has gotten huge. The last time we weighed him he was about 70lbs. He's lighter, but taller than Buddy now. He will be a year old next month, so he's probably not going to get much bigger.









I'm not making any promises about how consistently I am going to be posting, but I am going to make an effort to post more often than once every 3 months ;) 

Probably...

2 comments:

  1. I figured you were taking a post-marathon blog break! :p
    Wow the dogs are SO big! Looks like they're best buds. That is a really nice shed and I love your workout setup. I've been riding for idk, 10+ years and I still don't have bike shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Agent313(your bib# :))..I figured you might have had the article up since we last talked ;). I was planning to take on biking/swimming since my last last HM in Nov. But I had a severe flu and was bedridden for week and half and, then I had this surprise trip planned to visit my parents back in India for 3 weeks.Just got back last sunday. My running frequency has been same your blogging for the last 3 months. Hope to see more articles soon!! -Ramana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...