Friday, April 1, 2016

Marathon News and Paint

So, I didn't get into the Marine Corps Marathon for this year. I'm not terribly sad about it though. I already registered for The Steamtown Marathon and have hotel rooms reserved.


Part of why I'm excited is that Steamtown will be during my mom's visit in October, and she's going to come with us! It will be fun to have here there, and then I won't be trying to train during the rest of her visit. We usually only get to see each other once a year, so I like to be able to make the most of her visits.

I have been taking it easy this week when it comes to running. In fact, I've only actually made it out the door twice this week. My calf/shin, which gave me a pass for the race over the weekend, tightened back up early in the week so I am trying to actually let it recover.

My next half is only a couple of weeks out at this point. There really isn't a lot of information out there on how to train in between races, but I found this website and have been loosely following the 3 week plan.

We started getting the living room ready for painting the other day. I swept the drywall (including the ceiling) to get the majority of the dust off and ended up looking a little grey.


Tom's mom came over and helped us get started painting today. It went pretty quickly with all three of us painting!

We have the primer up and will hopefully have the room fully painted by the end of the weekend. I took these pictures while the primer was still drying, so there are some patchy looking areas.



Buddy has been helping me with my yoga lately. He's not in the way at all.


Good thing he's cute.


2 comments:

  1. They always have to be where we are...yoga mat included. The room is really taking shape. I think Steamtown will be great and to have your mom there even better. Hope the shin/calf is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! I think the leg is better now, but then, I haven't really been running the last few days ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...