Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sleepy Hollow 10k

On Saturday I actually had to set an alarm (it's been a while) so that I could get to the Sleepy Hollow 10k on time. There were a lot of people in costumes, I can't imagine running in all that polyester, and there was a headless horseman.
This photo was borrowed from the Rivertown Runners Shutterfly page
I was really under-trained (that whole run on the road trip plan didn't really work out as intended) so I went into the race with my only goal being to complete the run. The course was pretty hilly - Tom informs me that it's just like that around here - so I was happy that I made it to the end without taking any walk breaks.
Also borrowed from the Shutterfly page
This was the best of the unflattering photos I found from the race. There was one last killer hill right before the finish, that's why I look like I'm breathing strangely.

Other than the race I have just been trying to get things unpacked and organized. Well, not very organized, but the intention is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...