Saturday, March 11, 2017

New Shoes and Girls on the Run

And here you thought I was almost back to posting on a semi-regular basis!

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time stuck on my couch the last few weeks. First it was the high fever for days, and after finally getting back to my training plan and feeling normal for a few days, I was back on the couch. This second illness was shorter lived and less intense (thank goodness).

In non-sick news, I have two pairs of new running shoes. Why two? Because after I got the first new pair, I realized just how broken down pretty much all of my other shoes are.

I track mileage on my shoes, but most of my miles are on the road and I think they break down much sooner than the expected 300-500 miles that shoe companies claim they should last for.

I had a 20% off coupon from the running store that is closest to me (still a 45 minute drive), so I picked up a pair of the new Saucony Freedom ISO. They're spendy, like ridiculously so, but holy cow they are SO comfortable.


Seriously, if Saucony generally works for you, you need to check these out. Go somewhere and try them on though, the sizing is a bit off. I had to go up a half size.

I have really been liking Saucony (my marathon shoes the last 2 years have been the Saucony Zealot), so I snagged a pair of Triumph ISO from a discount site. I have only gotten one run in them so far with all my couch time, but I like them so far.



Last weekend I spent most of my Saturday driving to and from a Girls on the Run coach training. I'm really excited to be helping coach a team of 3rd and 4th graders this year.

It is such an amazing program, and I can't wait for our season to start later this month. The trick is going to be time management when I start marathon training later this spring. I may have to *gasp* wake up early to get some of my workouts in during the week. 

We'll see how that goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Becky!! You are making a postive impact on the girls. I remember reading blogs where people say that I wasn't sure I could run cross country back when I was in school but this PE instruction had faith in me. Does that remind you of somebody..well thats what the girls will remember when they grow up :).

    I haven't bought Saucony before but did try once in my local running store when I started to get serious about running. Currently I still stick to my Asics Kayano 21s. The latest are 23s but I am obsessed with the 21s. We have a Asics outlet in our neighbourhood so I waited to get my second pair when they kind of became dated with the new iterations in the market. The running store seems pricey to me in our area. Have you tried the runningwarehouse.com I hear a lot about it on podcasts. Good luck with your training. You should get a gopro session and make training videos :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...